Updated: Jul 19
Reconnecting with your values after having kids:
Let's talk about something that many of us can relate to: losing sight of a sense of yourself after having kids and feeling disconnected from your core values.
Imagine these values as the sturdy foundation of a house – they shape our lives, from our work to our family, and even our hobbies. They're like a compass guiding us through every decision we make and are a vital part of who we are. When we’re disconnected from them, we end up feeling a bit lost, unsure, and unsatisfied.
Now, here's the good stuff – when we reconnect with our core values, magic happens! Making decisions that align with our true selves becomes natural. No more getting swayed by short-term desires or worrying about what others think. Instead, we find greater satisfaction in life, as we focus on what truly matters to us.
When we know what's important, it becomes easier to pursue our dreams and set meaningful goals. Plus, we become better at recognizing and letting go of anything that doesn't match our values. It's like decluttering our life and making space for what really counts.
Now, you might be wondering, how can we get back in touch with our core values?
This can take a bit of work but follow these steps and you should reap the benefits:
1. Take a moment to reflect on your journey so far. Think about the values that have guided your decisions in the past. Write down your thoughts and feelings about them, and why they matter to you.
2. From here, dig deep and identify your core values. Consider what truly matters most to you – your goals, your joys, and the people you love. Think about the legacy you want to leave for your kids.
3. Talk to others. Share your values with friends, family, colleagues, or mentors. Talking about them can strengthen your connection to what matters most.
4. Be mindful of how your actions reflect your core values. Take time each day to check in with yourself and reflect on how your actions align with your values. This simple practice keeps you on track and helps you stay motivated.
5. Last but not least, embrace self-acceptance. Your core values make you who you are, and that's something to cherish. Embrace them, own them, and let them guide you to a life of purpose and meaning.
Connecting with our core values is a powerful journey that can lead you back to feeling more like you again. Embrace your values, let them shape your decisions, and create a life that's genuinely true to you.